Experiencing a sales drought is one of the worst things that can happen to your business. The reasons for this varies greatly depending on the type of business, but its almost always brought about by the target customers losing interest on your products or services.
So how do you end this drought that causes income famine? Get your target sales leads to notice your brand once more with the help of outsourced lead generation and appointment setting specialists! Don’t think that just because you’ve started getting regular clients it means that the rest of your target market will all fall in line. You have to continually present your products, services, or brand to the public so that you reach every single one of your potential leads. It’s the basic requirement for getting a steady flow of leads. In fact, even a brand as big as Facebook still pays for ads to keep getting more people to sign up for their services, and that’s a brand that’s already omnipresent in our everyday life, so why are you not doing the same with yours?
To get your brand in the public awareness and closer to your target sales leads, don’t just rely on Internet ads. Outsourcing to professional lead generation and appointment setting service providers will give your brand more reach and ensure your company of a more steady flow of sales, without affecting the performance of your sales people.
As long as you have a continuous supply of qualified sales leads and appointments for your sales team to close, you can be sure that your business will never experience a sales drought
Appointment setting is very crucial to all kinds of businesses. Whether your company has its own appointment setting team or you hire a professional agency to do the job for you, the bottom line is, setting business appointments is very essential for it will ultimately lead you to acquire potential business leads and eventually profits.
However, doing one is not that simple as it may sound; it’s not merely about making calls to random people and set an appointment with them together with your sales or marketing experts and discuss personally about matters regarding your offer, but most importantly, it’s about your company having a good sales leads before any successful business appointments can take place. That’s why at some point, doing the latter is just the best thing to do to generate b2b leads, why? It’s because of the following reasons:
- The decision maker is the key- an appointment is a complete failure when you have exhausted all your effort only to find out the person you’re meeting with doesn’t have power to decide on your offer; so before doing an appointment, make sure that it is the decision maker whom you’ll be meeting with because he or she will give the final verdict on your offer and will determine your success as well.
- Your target contacts are in work-mode- perhaps, this is the best time for you to set a business meeting with your prospects because chances are, they will be more open to listen to you while they’re getting some office works done than by having some good time and relaxing at home, which is of course very annoying on their part.
Building a cohesive appointment setting team is an important part of a company’s marketing plans. Every year, the challenge of getting more B2B leads is becoming worse and worse. The pressure is high, and your people are more pressed to deliver results, to cooperate even more. Now this is where the challenge comes in. How can you instill a team-culture in a highly competitive business? Well, you need to take note of at least three points:
- Communicate that message – communicating your business goals and processes to your lead generation team is very important. You need to avoid ambiguity in your aims, where transparency is the norm for businesses. Also, if you have any special instructions, now is the time for you to say so.
- Nurture loyalty – what could be the most powerful tool that you can use to instill loyalty in your staff? Start with yourself. You need to be role model is the team. Praise the best performers, guide those with problems, and do your best to support the overall operations of telemarketing team.
- Collaborate more – create a culture that reward collaboration. It might be difficult in competition-driven business, but if you put down specific parameters that encourage collaboration between members, then you will be able to encourage them to work together.
Cooperation and team spirit is important in the over-all success of your appointment setting campaign. You will need that to generate the sales leads you need. Its success will depend entirely on your actions.
Social media is certainly taking the business world by storm. Almost every company that you know of has a presence in the social media. Pepsi has one, Coke is there, too, and even IBM has joined the bandwagon. All for the sake of getting more sales leads. But this is where the problem comes in. No matter how much money is spent to on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. the amount of B2B leads generated is simply too negligible. In fact, it might give you the impression that you have a loss. Why is that so? Why such poor results in a social media-based appointment setting campaign?
To start with, social media is simply that – social. All it does is to increase your company’s presence in the online world, as well as provide a venue of communication for both customers and business prospects. But despite that, social media will never be able to efficiently generate sales leads on its own. This is only advertising, promoting. That is very easy to do. The real deal would be the lead conversion part. You need to maximize your firms ability to convert interest into actual business leads. For that, you will need other, more aggressive and effective, marketing tools, like telemarketing or email.
There is nothing inherently wrong in social media. The only reason it is causing issues is due to the lack of understanding of this marketing tool. If you really want to be successful in lead generation, you have to learn how to use other tools.
In the world of business, when you tell people that you are an ‘expert’, chances are, you actually are not. Unfortunately, this is a common marketing error committed even by the most veteran in sales and marketing, especially those in telemarketing and b2b lead generation. Of course, when you do have proof that you are the best in the business, that you really do know what you are talking about, then it is an entirely different picture. But then again, just to be on the safe side, it is best that you avoid it. A lot of potential B2B leads have probably grown tired hearing that claim.
Take this from personal experience. I have read a lot of resumes from candidates who all claim to be ‘experts’ in their field of work. The problem here is when, come testing or dry-run time, they actually falter. This rather insults the very idea of an expert – someone who is the best. This is the same thing in your appointment setting campaigns. Yes, you can say that you are the expert in generating qualified sales leads, but you have to show that you really can deliver. If you say you are the experts in computer peripherals and gadgets, then show proof in terms of sales, accolades, and certifications. Only by showing material proof to your prospects will you succeed in your marketing campaign.
Just be honest, and let your actions speak for themselves. That would be a whole lot better than talking about how god you are in business.
Telemarketing is a very important business investment to support your firm. After all, you will need additional clients and customers to sustain your operations profitably. You can do that by generating sales leads by the aid of lead generation and setting qualified business appointments. Professional telemarketing services is one of the best mediums that you can employ to help reach out to your prospects. Of course, investing is not enough. You also have to maximize your ability to get the needed B2B leads for your business. How will you do that?
- Listen to your telemarketing team – your front line team is certainly the most knowledgeable about how things are doing. Asking them about the current lead generation situation can help you gauge your business better.
- Review performance consistently – you need to be consistent when it comes to measuring the performance of your team. Timely analysis and intervention is crucial to keep things going, as well as make the necessary corrections when the situation demands it.
- Reward good work quickly – waiting until the end of the shift to reward good work is way too late. If you want to maintain consistent positive performance from your team, you ought to recognize their achievements right after their successful lead generation call.
You can add more to this brief list of what to do. But what matters here is that you know where to start. Remember, the success of your lead generation and appointment setting campaign will depend on just how good your telemarketing team is. Make sure you make the right choice.
There are a lot of sales reps who like to take on appointments as they come, without any thought for preparation or premeditation. This haphazard way of dealing with potential business clients is actually dangerous for your business. Sending out unprepared sales reps could easily result to unconvinced clients, even if they were truly qualified business leads. You end up losing a lot of business opportunities this way.
To make sure that you always have the best chances of closing business deals, follow these simple tips:
- Research the business lead before anything. Check his social network profiles, or even their company website. You will be able to learn a lot about your leads this way and you may even turn your prospects into qualified b2b appointments.
- Find out how long the decision making process takes for the company of your business lead. If you know this beforehand, you can tailor your presentation accordingly, and you won’t end up asking your business leads to come up with a decision right away when their natural process takes longer to complete. You can get this information by asking the gatekeeper or someone who works (or has worked) in their company.
- Find out what medium they are more comfortable communicating with. There are business executives who, because of their extremely busy schedules, prefer to have business appointments over the phone; there are those who prefer the ease of online video conferences; and still there are b2b sales leads who prefer to meet the traditional way, over breakfast or lunch.
There are business owners who seem to think that hiring a professional b2b appointment setting company is just a waste of expenses, and would scoff at businesses who actually allocate funds for their appointment setters. Having a professional appointment setter is actually extremely beneficial for a business, especially if you can find a company with really good b2b appointment setters.
B2b appointments setters make it easier for your lead generation experts and sales representatives to work together. The marketing side of your business can concentrate on creating highly effective lead generation campaigns to keep qualified b2b sales leads flowing into the company’s sales funnel; without the added burden of making sure the leads are turned to appointments, they can spend more time identifying factors that will help target sales leads better, increase company visibility, and respond promptly to client concerns.
When your sales representatives do not have to worry about how to sneak in a schedule with their busy business leads or deal with a stubborn gatekeeper, they have more time to prepare and perfect their sales presentations. Removing the time-consuming and tedious task of constantly having to pick up the phone to set appointments will lead to more chances of actually closing sales deals because your sales people will be able to use their great negotiating skills directly on the people who actually matter, the decision makers.
Without an appointment setter, your business will still be able to run properly; however, having one will greatly improve your business operations on a lot of levels and increase positive results.
Related Post: Is Outsourcing A Safe Business Investment?
If you’re wondering about whether you need to hire offshore business to business appointment setters or outsource your appointment setting campaigns, then this post is for you. Here are 3 great benefits of outsourcing your appointment setting processes to a professional b2b appointment setting company
- Lesser expenses. This is one of the greatest benefits of not only outsourcing your appointment setters, but all sorts of outsourcing in general. You wouldn’t need look for, hire and train employees; nor would you need to provide them with the latest equipment (or any equipment at all!) to make sure their outputs are within industry standards. Aside from these, you also wouldn’t need to worry about complicated scheduling or costly employee benefits.
- Improved company image.When you don’t need to do too much outbound calling other than those done for your b2b telemarketing campaigns, your teams will have more time to accommodate various client concerns. Having more time for your existing clients mean that problems and issues are resolved properly, customer satisfaction is increased, and your company’s reviews will be more positive. Satisfied customers will be more likely to do repeat business with you and will not hesitate to refer you to their connections, helping you with your lead generation campaigns.
- Streamlined operational processes.When you outsource your b2b appointment setting campaigns, your marketing people can focus more of their time on improving your lead generation campaigns and your sales people don’t have to deal with gatekeepers and compact schedules, helping them to close their deals better and faster.
Of all the skills that you will need to be successful in business, there is one thing that you must be able to use expertly: sales skills. Yes, you will need good sales skills if you want to be successful and get good B2B leads. Now, remember that sales skills do not equate to hustling. Rather, it is more about sharing with the other party your ideas for business, convincing them that what you have is the right thing. This has an important application in your appointment setting process. But what can you benefit from learning sales skills, apart from making your telemarketing campaign more successful?
One of the benefits that you can get is how to properly negotiate during a sales call. It can be really tricky to talk to the other party regarding a new business offer. Another thing you can learn is how to skillfully close a call. Remember, a proper close is as important as the call itself. You also learn to be persistent, not giving up as long as possible. Next is self-discipline, as an art and science, learning new sales skills is certainly a must. And lastly, you get to build self-confidence. After all, prospects tend to believe those who sound sure of what they are doing.
These are just some of the things that you can acquire from sales skills. Of course, if you are not confident in your own skills, then you can always ask a professional appointment setter to do it for you. They are a good investment for your sales leads generation work.