Thinking about one of the most iconic rock bands during the 1960′s that still function today, you have to admit that the Rolling Stones tops the list. Just imagine, they have been around for more than five decades, yet they still command a sizable following even now. For businesses or brands that have existed as long as their band, how can they still maintain their edge? How will they still be able to generate good sales leads? What secret does Mick Jagger and his pals have that can be used by a company’s lead generation campaign?
It all has to do with nostalgia.
Really, nostalgia works with appointment setting campaigns. Think of all the positive things that you have done for your customers in the past, or the familial or personal bonds that your company idealizes. All these play a key role in turning prospects into actual B2B leads. No matter what medium you use, be it social media, telemarketing, or even a rock concert your company sponsors, that can mean a big deal. Emotions and feelings can be a great motivator for a business prospects to sign up or buy from you. It is the exact same thing that made the Rolling Stones a success even until today.
Work with the nostalgia. Appeal to your prospect’s senses. You might discover a few things along the way, maybe a few ups and downs. What matters is that your identity, your ideology, the image, the market, and the people under you all form a clear picture of who you are, and what message you want to convey. And that can make you succeed in lead generation – just the way the Rolling Stones do it.
Experiencing a sales drought is one of the worst things that can happen to your business. The reasons for this varies greatly depending on the type of business, but its almost always brought about by the target customers losing interest on your products or services.
So how do you end this drought that causes income famine? Get your target sales leads to notice your brand once more with the help of outsourced lead generation and appointment setting specialists! Don’t think that just because you’ve started getting regular clients it means that the rest of your target market will all fall in line. You have to continually present your products, services, or brand to the public so that you reach every single one of your potential leads. It’s the basic requirement for getting a steady flow of leads. In fact, even a brand as big as Facebook still pays for ads to keep getting more people to sign up for their services, and that’s a brand that’s already omnipresent in our everyday life, so why are you not doing the same with yours?
To get your brand in the public awareness and closer to your target sales leads, don’t just rely on Internet ads. Outsourcing to professional lead generation and appointment setting service providers will give your brand more reach and ensure your company of a more steady flow of sales, without affecting the performance of your sales people.
As long as you have a continuous supply of qualified sales leads and appointments for your sales team to close, you can be sure that your business will never experience a sales drought
You don’t just need more sales leads, you need clients. Of course, no one wants to exhaust all your resources and spend weeks or even months only to be stuck in an idle situation. At the end of the day, everyone wants to convert their sales leads into clients which will eventually pave the way for you to acquire actual qualified sales and increase your ROI. But how will you do it? Below are a few tips to enlighten your way, here is how to nail it:
- Organize your database – make sure to keep track of your leads by storing necessary information about them and start doing some follow-ups from your business contact list that will determine your next big step.
- Sort the leads that are qualified from those who are not- it is better to stay focused on qualified leads so that you’ll have more time to address their concerns and problems than wasting your time to those whom you’ll only end up seeing yourself as a fool.
- Establish credibility and trust- if you’re new to the business, then you’ll probably have hard time doing this. However, starting off with simple things such as gradually building your brand is a reliable thing one will definitely do. If this is consistently done, then you’re off to a brighter future.
- Persistence is the key- you don’t want to sound too pushy and annoying to your sales leads, but then you badly want to win sales. So in order to do this, try to invite your business prospect or leads to some of your events instead of endlessly calling and emailing them.
- Set an appointment- this is the best time for you to lay down all your cards and attain a working agreement, if you fail then the last step is to do a…
- Follow-up – supplementing your business lead with helpful content after the meeting might lead them to change their mind, so never give up and just keep your business going.All these may seem too impossible until you’ve tried.
Appointment setting is very crucial to all kinds of businesses. Whether your company has its own appointment setting team or you hire a professional agency to do the job for you, the bottom line is, setting business appointments is very essential for it will ultimately lead you to acquire potential business leads and eventually profits.
However, doing one is not that simple as it may sound; it’s not merely about making calls to random people and set an appointment with them together with your sales or marketing experts and discuss personally about matters regarding your offer, but most importantly, it’s about your company having a good sales leads before any successful business appointments can take place. That’s why at some point, doing the latter is just the best thing to do to generate b2b leads, why? It’s because of the following reasons:
- The decision maker is the key- an appointment is a complete failure when you have exhausted all your effort only to find out the person you’re meeting with doesn’t have power to decide on your offer; so before doing an appointment, make sure that it is the decision maker whom you’ll be meeting with because he or she will give the final verdict on your offer and will determine your success as well.
- Your target contacts are in work-mode- perhaps, this is the best time for you to set a business meeting with your prospects because chances are, they will be more open to listen to you while they’re getting some office works done than by having some good time and relaxing at home, which is of course very annoying on their part.
Building a cohesive appointment setting team is an important part of a company’s marketing plans. Every year, the challenge of getting more B2B leads is becoming worse and worse. The pressure is high, and your people are more pressed to deliver results, to cooperate even more. Now this is where the challenge comes in. How can you instill a team-culture in a highly competitive business? Well, you need to take note of at least three points:
- Communicate that message – communicating your business goals and processes to your lead generation team is very important. You need to avoid ambiguity in your aims, where transparency is the norm for businesses. Also, if you have any special instructions, now is the time for you to say so.
- Nurture loyalty – what could be the most powerful tool that you can use to instill loyalty in your staff? Start with yourself. You need to be role model is the team. Praise the best performers, guide those with problems, and do your best to support the overall operations of telemarketing team.
- Collaborate more – create a culture that reward collaboration. It might be difficult in competition-driven business, but if you put down specific parameters that encourage collaboration between members, then you will be able to encourage them to work together.
Cooperation and team spirit is important in the over-all success of your appointment setting campaign. You will need that to generate the sales leads you need. Its success will depend entirely on your actions.
Social media is certainly taking the business world by storm. Almost every company that you know of has a presence in the social media. Pepsi has one, Coke is there, too, and even IBM has joined the bandwagon. All for the sake of getting more sales leads. But this is where the problem comes in. No matter how much money is spent to on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. the amount of B2B leads generated is simply too negligible. In fact, it might give you the impression that you have a loss. Why is that so? Why such poor results in a social media-based appointment setting campaign?
To start with, social media is simply that – social. All it does is to increase your company’s presence in the online world, as well as provide a venue of communication for both customers and business prospects. But despite that, social media will never be able to efficiently generate sales leads on its own. This is only advertising, promoting. That is very easy to do. The real deal would be the lead conversion part. You need to maximize your firms ability to convert interest into actual business leads. For that, you will need other, more aggressive and effective, marketing tools, like telemarketing or email.
There is nothing inherently wrong in social media. The only reason it is causing issues is due to the lack of understanding of this marketing tool. If you really want to be successful in lead generation, you have to learn how to use other tools.
In terms of generating qualified sales leads, it is often easy for marketers to forget what their purpose is all about. The truth is, they need to make sales easier to make. They need to come up with winning plans and strategies that will help in appointment setting campaigns succeed. Apart from what product or service they can offer, offering something intangible also helps in attracting the attention of prospects and make the lead generation process easier to complete. This is something the Coca-Cola company understood, one that passed the test of time. Their winning marketing strategy is not the soda (although that is their main offer), but the message it brings to those who buy from it.
“Life Tastes Good”, “Open Happiness”, “Ice Cold Sunshine”, etc. are just some of the slogans often used by the company to sell their soda. Not just in the slogans, but in everything they do. Basically speaking, they want to constantly delight their customers. And everything they do is geared towards servicing that goal. You can also do that in your business as well. You just need to figure out what kind of intangible value you want to share. What do you want your customers to experience? What can you do to provide that experience? These are just some things you ought to take note of when your telemarketing team is on the call.
By conveying an intangible message and incorporating it to your offering, you can increase the number of B2B leads that you generate.
In the world of business, when you tell people that you are an ‘expert’, chances are, you actually are not. Unfortunately, this is a common marketing error committed even by the most veteran in sales and marketing, especially those in telemarketing and b2b lead generation. Of course, when you do have proof that you are the best in the business, that you really do know what you are talking about, then it is an entirely different picture. But then again, just to be on the safe side, it is best that you avoid it. A lot of potential B2B leads have probably grown tired hearing that claim.
Take this from personal experience. I have read a lot of resumes from candidates who all claim to be ‘experts’ in their field of work. The problem here is when, come testing or dry-run time, they actually falter. This rather insults the very idea of an expert – someone who is the best. This is the same thing in your appointment setting campaigns. Yes, you can say that you are the expert in generating qualified sales leads, but you have to show that you really can deliver. If you say you are the experts in computer peripherals and gadgets, then show proof in terms of sales, accolades, and certifications. Only by showing material proof to your prospects will you succeed in your marketing campaign.
Just be honest, and let your actions speak for themselves. That would be a whole lot better than talking about how god you are in business.
Business appointments are equally important as making deals and sales. On the other hand, there’s much more greater benefits in being able to meet with clients instead of merely presenting goods or services on the telephone. Meeting with the clientele enables you to be able to explain yourself well and your business—something no professional telemarketer could do better than yourself. This is due to the fact that as an entrepreneur, your gift of gab and comprehensive product knowledge would definitely go far than just a telephone call.
In a world filled with new and fresh business opportunities, investors and entrepreneurs should exert extra major effort which would likely to guarantee the success of their marketing campaigns. By way of using telemarketing services, you could improve more chances of your company’s growth and success.
So just how exactly does effective telemarketing campaign suit into the entire scenario of obtaining your desired business appointments? Well, the answer is appointment setting. By generating business to business calls for your potential prospects, then they carry out your pitch and then attempt to find and serve you appointments. If prospects approve, then it is your task to handle them and nurture the business connection, wishing that sooner or later, it could turn out to be a long-standing business deal.
That is just one of the several rewards of performing appointment setting services via telemarketing. It is an effective and reliable way on how to boost sales and then aid you in getting those desired business deals.