The usual problem for most businesses is their difficulty in attaining clients. In addition to that, it’s even a foremost cause of concern for any firm if they run out of contacts. It is a common knowledge that any business establishment can’t expect to grow and expand sans earning income— because it is what drives the entire industry. That’s why when businesses run out of opportunities and potentials what they do is turn into lead generation.
Lead generation process is a speedy and reliable way on how to generate leads. One channel to do it is by way of cold calling services. Performed by professional telemarketers, cold calling is the process when the call is not expected by the person at the end of the line. However, by receiving as much data from the client with only a single conversation, it could then be converted into a successful and qualified lead. Then once this lead becomes approved, it becomes ready to be used.
In view of the fact that lead generation also includes the pre-qualification process, you could then reassure yourself that the leads you get should be of good quality. Leads and pre-qualified leads which normally got a great probability of being converted into business deals and sales. These are the kinds of leads you are looking for, and those leads are the ones you need if you want to acquire that much out of the lead generation program as possible. Then try lead generation if you want a fast and efficient way to get new clients.
Here are some sales call tips and secrets for successful appointment setting efforts.
1) Sales Call Script. First and foremost would have to be using the sales call script correctly; using it incorrectly is one of the worst things you could do because you can sound too insincere and unnatural. Meanwhile, what’s going to happen if you don’t have a call script with you? You might miss something important or stumble your words.
The solution is to use the script the right way by having your words in front of you and don’t just read them like a robot. Just use the script as a reminder and not to read it emotionless. Your voice can be felt though over the phone and you can be sure that someone at the end of the line is going to pick some hints on that. If you feel something awkward in the way you’re delivering your lines, then just alter it to suit the way you usually express yourself.
2) Cold Calling Basics. Even on the first call, product knowledge and familiarity is a must. Once you finally get your chance with the decision maker, you must always act as if you’re the expert in your own field and that he’s not wasting his time on you.
3) The Sales Goals. View the outcome of each attempted call. Focus not on the result of each call, but on your efforts. You need to have a target number of calls to accomplish for a designated period of time. That number could be tapered or increased over time, but in that way, despite the consequences of the result of a particular call, you can still be closer in reaching your sales goals.
Frustrated with the leads you’re getting?
A lot of companies are faced with the challenge of finding qualified prospects for their businesses. Perhaps, looking for additional business lists, extracting, calling and nurturing leads can take up a lot of your time. This is a very draining task and at the end of the day, you may never have enough strength to close another deal. Believe me you are not the only sales person who has experienced this kind of scenario.
One time management seminar I’ve attended has strongly advice young professionals to delegate repetitive tasks and focus on the more important ones. If you’re a sales person and you’re good at closing deals, why waste your time chasing after leads if you have the option to delegate it to others.
Here are two options that a sales person has:
1.) Hire an in-house team to do the cold calling
This can be a good option since you can monitor and take control of every call your staff does. But again, getting a team would require you to hire a supervisor to manage the calls (unless you want to do it yourself). Cost wise this can be expensive as not only you have to pay for their salary, but also give incentives, provide health care insurance and the list goes on. If they’re sick or would file for a maternity leave you need another back up agent which would contribute to additional overhead costs.
2.) Outsource to a telemarketing firm
The second option is to outsource it to a company who will do the calling for you. Although, a lot of people are very much hesitant on hiring an outside firm to do this, some big companies find this to be a more cost effective approach. By engaging with an outside firm, you can focus more on your core business and of course generate more sales. B2b appointment setting and lead generation companies often have a pool of talents that can give you not only results but valuable data which you can use for market intelligence. Outsourcing your appointment setting and lead generation efforts can also help you cut costs and save time managing a team.
As one shoe doesn’t fit everyone, same goes with your marketing and lead generation efforts. Before engaging with any telemarketing firm, it is important to lay down your cards, be clear with your expectations and set some goals to make the campaign work.
Cold calling may have attracted a lot of negative publicity, but it’s still undeniable that this approach in telemarketing is by far the most effective marketing strategy when it comes to lead generation services. This common problem that arises from outbound calling nevertheless, is a wakeup call to those companies who wish to outsource their phone marketing tasks that they have to practice more caution when considering the telemarketing service provider they want to hire. But once this challenge has been overcome, business owners may find that outsourcing to b2b telemarketing agencies can be the best marketing decision by far.
Here are some benefits of outsourced telemarketing campaign which many businesses can enjoy:
- Quality service at affordable cost. This may be outsourcing’s very obvious benefit—being served with the best quality sales leads at less the cost. If your company simply wants to pay for the services rendered by the outsourced team in charge of your campaign, then this is the best option for you.
- Leaving your telemarketing needs to the pros. When you decide to delegate your marketing campaign to the experts, you literally remove the burden off the shoulders of your in house sales staff. In this way, this will allow them to focus their time and skills on more important functions like in product research and development.
Eventually, if there’s a need for more product trainings, no problem—as managers can always give the outsourced team manager the necessary details about a certain product (or service), and he would be the one to train his phone marketing agents.