Are your sales representatives making the most of the quality sales leads that generated by your b2b lead generation campaigns? You might not realize it, but your company could be losing a lot of revenue because your sales and marketing people are not responding to sales lead inquiries on time. Just look at the following data from the inquiry response survey of 700 companies as commissioned by Omniture:
- Average email response time: 19 hours, 31 minutes – Optimum response time should be within the first hour
- Average phone response time: 36 hours, 57 minutes – Optimum phone response time should be within the first five minutes
- How many companies even responded? – Only 47.3 percent responded via email, and just 7.5 percent responded via phone!
Seeing these numbers, you might want to consider checking up on your sales and marketing department and find out what their response time is. If it takes your people more than 10 hours to follow-up on a lead, those b2b sales leads would have already made a purchase from your more attentive competitors. These data show a great waste of time and effort; because even if you have a great lead generation campaign, the lack of immediate action decreases the interest of your potential business leads for your company. Figure out who’s responsibility it is to check the response rate of your sales and marketing department. A good strategy is to own a CRM software that allows all your employees to monitor all client inquiries and follow-up on each of them immediately. Or, you could outsource to a good telemarketing company to make sure that all your inbound calls are received. If your sales and marketing people are able to cater to each client on time, then you would have more chances to close a sale, leading to higher profits for your company.
Cold calling may have attracted a lot of negative publicity, but it’s still undeniable that this approach in telemarketing is by far the most effective marketing strategy when it comes to lead generation services. This common problem that arises from outbound calling nevertheless, is a wakeup call to those companies who wish to outsource their phone marketing tasks that they have to practice more caution when considering the telemarketing service provider they want to hire. But once this challenge has been overcome, business owners may find that outsourcing to b2b telemarketing agencies can be the best marketing decision by far.
Here are some benefits of outsourced telemarketing campaign which many businesses can enjoy:
- Quality service at affordable cost. This may be outsourcing’s very obvious benefit—being served with the best quality sales leads at less the cost. If your company simply wants to pay for the services rendered by the outsourced team in charge of your campaign, then this is the best option for you.
- Leaving your telemarketing needs to the pros. When you decide to delegate your marketing campaign to the experts, you literally remove the burden off the shoulders of your in house sales staff. In this way, this will allow them to focus their time and skills on more important functions like in product research and development.
Eventually, if there’s a need for more product trainings, no problem—as managers can always give the outsourced team manager the necessary details about a certain product (or service), and he would be the one to train his phone marketing agents.